Vashu Bhagnani is a Bollywood film producer and real estate agent. He is best known for producing a hit series “No. 1 ”movies like Coolie No. 1 (1995), Hero No. 1 (1997), Biwi No. 1 (1999) and Shaadi No. 1 (2005).
Vashu Bhagnani was born on Wednesday, April 19, 1961 (59 years old; from 2020) in Calcutta, India. Her zodiac sign is Aries. Vashu Bhagnani worked with his father in his clothing store when he was only 11 years old. When Vashu was in the sixth level, he had to drop out of school due to a small financial setback the family faced after a great loss in business. To earn a living, Vashu traveled by train to different cities to sell saris.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 7 ″
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Black
Family and caste
Vashu Bhagnani was born into a Sindhi family in Kolkata, India.
Fathers and brothers
Vashu Bhagnani’s father’s name is Lilaram Bhagnani, and his mother’s name is unknown. He has a younger brother.
Wife and sons
Vashu Bhagnani married Pooja Bhagnani on February 6 in Mumbai. They had an arranged marriage. They have two children together, Jackky Bhagnani and Deepshikha Deshmukh.
Vashu Bhagnani moved to Mumbai from Kolkata in 1989 to start his own business. It began with the manufacture of parts for television, clothing, etc. He then changed fields and entered the construction business before becoming a film producer. In 1995, Vashu Bhagnani signed Govinda and David Dhawan for Rs. 5 lakh each. The first film he produced was “Coolie No. 1” starring Govinda and Karishma Kapoor. The film was a box office success and commercial success, and Vashu founded his own production company, Pooja Entertainment India Limited. After the success of “Coolie No. 1”, Vashu started a full series of ‘No. 1 ‘and released’ Hero No. 1 ‘(1997),’ Biwi No. 1 ‘(1999) and’ Shaadi No. 1 ‘(2005). In 1997, he released another film “Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan” with Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Anupam Kher and Raveena Tandon as the star cast.
– Photos of the history of cinema (@FilmHistoryPic) Jan 3, 2019
In 2002, Vashu Bhagnani produced “Om Jai Jagadish” which was a family drama film. However, things did not turn out well for him as the film was not appreciated by the audience and caused him a great financial loss. Vashu left the field of film production and went back into the real estate business to earn more money.
Vashu returned in 2009 with the movie “Kal Kissne Dekha,” and cast his son, Jackky Bhagnani, as the lead actor. The film was a romantic science fiction and received a good response from audiences in theaters.
Facts / Trivia
- “Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan” was produced by Vashu Bhagnani and was his third film which turned out to be a blockbuster film in theaters. This film was the second highest-grossing film of the year after “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” in 1997.
- Vashu Bhagnani named his daughter, Deepshikha Deshmukh, as ‘Junior Vashu’. For Deepshikha, her parents have always been her biggest inspiration. Deepshikha worked with her father in the real estate business and also as a film producer.
- Vashu Bhagnani collaborated with David Dhawan to remake their first film together, Coolie No. 1. The remake of the film, which has the same title, that is, ‘Coolie No. 1’, was released on the streaming platform. online, Amazon Prime on December 25. 2020 in which Sara Ali Khan and Varun Dhawan appeared in lead roles. Jackky Bhagnani and Deepshikha Deshmukh also served as assistant producers on the film.
Introducing you # CoolieNo1trailer with a heart full of love, joy and gratitude. # CoolieNo1OnPrime @PrimeVideoIN https://t.co/xGo7RnIk5z@Varun_dvn #SaraAliKhan #DavidDhawan @vashubhagnani @jackkybhagnani @poojafilms @rumyjafry @ZeeMusicCompany @tipsofficial @SirPareshRawal
– Vashu Bhagnani (@vashubhagnani) November 28, 2020