Gursharanjot Randhawa, better known as Guru Randhawa, is a punjabi pop singer and songwriter. He rose to fame with his song ‘Highly rated Gabru’.
Bio / Wiki
Guru Randhawa was born on Friday August 30, 1991 (29 years old; as of 2020) in Noorpur, Gurdaspur District, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
He aspired to be a singer from a young age and used to participate in various singing competitions in his school days. Initially, he learned music by watching popular singers on television. Although he had a great interest in music, he gave his first preference to his education. Completed his Masters of Business Administration of the IIPM of New Delhi (Indian Institute of Planning and Management). After completing his graduate degree, Guru began his career in music by offering theatrical performances at various events.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 8 ″
Approximate weight.): 65 kilograms
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Body measurements (approx.): Chest 38 “, Waist 30”, Biceps 13 “
Family, caste and girlfriend
Guru Randhawa belongs to a Jatt Sikh Family settled in Gurdaspur, Punjab. Randhawa has its roots in Rurka Kalan, Punjab, India. Not much is known about his parents. He considers his older brother, Ramneek Randhawa, the most important person behind his success.
- Civil status: Single
Guru Randhawa started his singing and songwriting career in 2012 with the song “Same Girl”. He then released the track “Chhad Gayi”, which the audience liked. Guru has sung many hit songs in Punjabi, including “Patola”, “Fashion”, “High Rated Gabru”, “Yaar Mod Do” and “Suit”. His debut album was “Page One”.
In 2017, he made his Bollywood debut in the film starring Irrfan Khan. ‘Hindi Medium;’ the song was the remake of his song ‘Suit’.
In 2017, he also appeared on the ‘T-Series Mix Tape’ with singer Kanika Kapoor; where they recorded the mashup of the songs ‘Ambarsariya’ and ‘Suit’, together.
Performed at the IPL 2017 opening ceremony.
In April 2019, he released the song “Slowly Slowly” in collaboration with American rapper Pitbull. The song had its lyrics in Punjabi, English and Spanish.
Guru has also appeared on the covers of magazines such as Man’s World Magazine and TMM Magazine.
She has walked the ramp of fashion designer, Nivedita Saboo, at Times Fashion Week.
Awards and honors
- PTC Music Award for ‘Best Male Debut’ for the song “Patola” (2014)
- PTC Music Award for ‘Best Duet Song’ for the song “Patola” (2016)
- Youth Icon Award for News 24 (2017)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Award (2019)
On December 21, 2020, Randhawa was arrested after a Mumbai police raid on a club in Mumbai. Cricketer Suresh Raina, Hrithik Roshan’s wife Sussanne Khan, and seven members of the club’s staff were also arrested by police for violating COVID-19 regulations. Later, they were all granted bail. While calling the incident unintentional, Randhawa later released a statement that reads:
Guru Randhawa, who had gone out to dinner with close friends before returning to Delhi that morning, deeply regrets the unintentional incident that occurred last night. Unfortunately, he was not aware of the local authorities’ decision on the night curfew, but he instantly complied with all the rules set by government officials. You promise to comply with government guidelines and protocols by taking all precautionary measures in the future. By far, he has been a law-abiding citizen and will continue to be so in the future. ”
- Food: Daal Makhani, rice, vegetable sandwich
- His hobbies include traveling and playing cricket and soccer.
- Guru Randhawa loves to collect jackets.
- In 2017, his song ‘High Rated Gabru’ scored the fastest 100 million streams for a non-movie song in India.
- Guru Randhawa has a habit of listening to music before going to sleep.
- Although she started her career with the single ‘Same Girl’, she rose to stardom with the song. ‘Patola’ achievement. Bohemia.
- He played the charity game at the 2017 INK Cricket Blast for cancer patients along with many other celebrities.
- He is fluent in Hindi, English, Punjabi, and French.
- He is an avid animal lover and also has a dog as a pet.
- Randhawa said during an interview that he loved doing live concerts as it gave him the opportunity to connect with his fans. He went on to say that he doesn’t like the trend of lip-syncing and fooling the audience just to put on a good show. The singer reportedly pointed to Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber, who received criticism for lip-syncing during his concert in Mumbai in May 2017.
- In September 2018, authorities sanctioned an employee working with the Pakistan Airport Security Force (ASF) for lip-synching to an Indian song. The song was “High Rated Gabru” sung by Guru Randhawa. ASF authorities withheld his raises and benefits for two years of service for violating the code of conduct.
- On July 28, 2019, when Guru was performing live at the Queen Elizabeth Theater in Vancouver, Canada, an unknown man attacked the singer in the head. The singer returned to India with four stitches on his head. After returning to India, his management team cleared up the whole issue via an Instagram post.